Sunday, November 18, 2007

A Thank You Goes a Long Way

Recently, I wrote about Thanking Your Customers and being Thanksgiving, reflected upon this novel idea and thought about all the interactions that we have daily and what happens when Thanks You's are given freely.

This was a little hard to wrap my thoughts around, but the basic thought was that the more I thanked someone at the close of an interaction, the more personal the exchange became. I do this naturally most of the time and I have been noticing that the more genuine the Thank You becomes, the more smiles occur and (hopefully) the better that person's day will be.

This is a very simplfied version of Pay It Forward (the movie, not the Ben Frankline debt reduction program), but it works. Try thanking your co-workers, your family members, your boss and those who provide you with customer service. Let me know how it works and thanks for reading.

Brandon

No comments: